Wednesday 3 October 2012

Eyes and Cheeks: Holistic Makeup Looks

Hello lovelies!
I thought I'd share with you my thoughts on holistically getting your makeup products to complement eachother and on the idea of using products for multiple areas of your face! You may have already seen my post from way back on the Bodyshop Lip and Cheek Stain. This product and others like it allow you to easily use the same shades on your lips and cheeks, meaning less awkward colour-matching mistakes where shades you use don't quite work together! Another product I love for this, probably even more-so is the MAC Lip and Cheek Colour - which I was given in the shade 'Keep it Casual' and features in this birthday haul. You don't actually need to use a dual-purpose product for this job. Even sweeping a bit of lipstick across your cheeks and buffing it in will work in the same way. This means that if you're stuck for space in your clutch just chuck in a lippie and you can kill two birds with one stone! 
Yesterday I wanted to go for a more casual and lower-maintenance makeup look than I have done recently, and so used my No7 Natural Blush Cheek Colour in the shade 'Honey' on my eyelids. I then smoked it out at the edges slightly using some of a black eyeshadow from the Sleek Sunset palette which I had left on an eyeshadow brush, and finished with a thin line of liquid eyeliner and mascara. 
I finished my look by sweeping the blusher over my cheekbones too. I'm not wearing anything on my lips because they are suffering from becoming very dry and peeling lately! (ew!) so I'm trying to leave them be and just hope all my lip-balms and E45 clear it up! I really loved this look actually - and I'm a fan of any look that allows you some definition whilst using less products! 
Also, I'm so sorry I have turned absolutely awful at replying to comments! I keep blogging at times when I only have 20 minutes to spare, and then forgot to go back and check afterwards.

Rachael XX

2 comments:

  1. Just catching up on your blog. This is such a nice look. I love using different products for different things. When I was on holiday in the summer, I used the Sleek Contour Kit to contour/highlight and then as eyeshadows, brow powder etc. Crazy stuff! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rachael!! Thank you! I'm a big believer in using many an eyeshadow for my brows - depending on the shade of my hair I have to keep swapping between them :) Crazy indeed! hehe Xx

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I love interacting with my readers and always reply to every comment, so check back if you have left a question!