Friday 9 November 2012

Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eye Gel

Hello lovelies!
I have a lovely lovely product from Urban Decay to review today! My flatmate Karen has this and let me borrow it to review - which I'm pretty pleased about because I've been genuinely excited to blog about it!
Urban Decay's Heavy Metal glitter gels are an amazing revolution in the sphere of cosmetic glitter. Made from a clear base with a decent volume of glitter added, it is easily applied, non-messy, direct, and stays on all night.(I can testify). Furthermore,it is very buildable: if you allow to dry between layers you can create a much stronger intensity of sparkle for a night-time look, whilst one coat of gel over an eyeshadow (or even alone) during the day can bring an extra something to your daily makeup.The one I'm reviewing is 'Power Ballad', a mixture of sea-green, lavender and powder blue glitter pieces which look stunning when they catch the light. Especially effective in clubs! 
In these photos I'm wearing a dab of glitter over a layer of No 7 Stay Perfect Eye Mousse. (I reviewed this HERE) Be prepared for a massive rant on this product very shortly! I am not happy with No7. 
Anyhow, regarding the Urban Decay glitter, from my internet searches it seems a slippery product to get hold of! Urban Decay is stocked in the UK in Debenhams and House of Frasers stores, however online anyway they each only have the eyeliners from the Heavy Metal collection. I presume this means it is unfortunately out of production. However, I have found one link - and if you do come across this and have a chance at purchasing one, I would strongly recommend it! They are the type of product to last a long time. Amazon (3 in stock! £4.20 + P&P)


Rachael XX

4 comments:

  1. very pretty! it looks great on you :)

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicky! Thank you for your lovely comment! It's such a shame it's out of production else it's a product I'd really tap into!
      Rachael

      Delete
  2. Ooh this is so pretty. I've never heard of them before. It looks great on you. Is it wrong I'm excited for your no7 rant? Ha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachael,
      Thanks! :) Annoyingly neither had I, haha, else I would have invested sooner! Hope my rant lived up to your expectations!
      Rachael X

      Delete

Please leave me a comment! I love interacting with my readers and always reply to every comment, so check back if you have left a question!